The Islamic Finance and Ethics Society are honoured to present the first student-led Islamic Finance conference in the UK. The theme of the conference is ‘Islamic Finance: The Way Forward’, with the aim to explore various areas which effects many of us.
– Iqbal Nasim, National Zakat Foundation
– Ben Dyson, Positive Money
– Stuart Hutton, Simply Ethical
11:40 am The Future of Islamic Finance in Britain
– Harris Irfan, Rasmala PLC
– Mushtak Parker, Islamic Banker
12:30pm Lunch Break/Networking/Prayer
1:45 pm Can Finance be socially conscious?
– Mehmet Asutay, Durham University
– Omar Shaikh, UK Islamic Finance Council
– Shehroze Khan, MADE in Europe
2:40 pm Women in Islamic Finance (forum discussion)
– Naomi Heaton, London Central Portfolio Ltd
– Siraj Sait, University of East London
– Hanan Al-Najjar, Gatehouse Bank
4:00 pm Islamic Finance and the Law
– Ashley Freeman, Charles Russell Speechlys
– Sheikh Bilal Khan, Middle East Association
– Shahbaz Mirza, Ramadan Legacy
– Mehedi Islam, Meem Mobile
Tickets are available at £10 for students, and £15 for professionals. The price includes lunch, refreshments and delegate packs. Please buy your tickets at: https://www.lsesu.com/ents/event/4599/
Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.