IFES and City Circle are pleased to welcome Baroness Warsi who is arguably one of the most senior and most influential British Muslim politicians in history to speak about her journey through politics, her recent landmark decision to resign, and to discuss where she goes from here.
The event will be interview based, and the AUDIENCE WILL BE INVITED TO SHARE QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR. Join us for what is guaranteed to be a thought provoking and exclusive evening.
We will explore:
– reasons for her resignation
– her work on promoting the International Criminal Court and why Palestine should be encouraged to sign compared with current Western govt policy to prevent this
– the war on terror
– UK foreign policy and ISIS threat
– the failure of the Prevent Agenda and it’s contribution to the rise in extremism
– reaction to her resignation
– could she have done more in govt rather than outside
– her plans for the future
Change of Venue: Now at Brunei Gallery
ONLY 50 TICKETS LEFT!
Entry STRICTLY for Eventbrite ticket holders only – FREE STUDENT ENTRY using promotional code: CCstudents
(NEED TO SHOW STUDENT ID TOO)